Message from Rachelle Latimer, BCA President
As we head into summer, let's be sure to keep Bear Creek safe and clean for all so I have a few friendly reminders, particularly at the pond:
As we look towards the summer – the pond, the Annual Meeting, and BBQ – the Board will be looking for recommendations from the state and local authorities. (As of this writing, Placer County’s Health Officer Order will expire on May 2 and residents will be guided by the governor’s Executive Order.) Hopefully we will have some more guidance when we hold our next Board Meeting on May 22.
- Maintain 6 feet social distance from non-family members.
- Throw away all your trash including dog waste.
- Bring hand sanitizer with at least 60% alcohol to use.
- Keep dogs on-leash as recommended by the CDC because dogs off leash tend to group together, which leads to less social distancing between their owners.
- Use cloth face coverings/masks as recommended by the CDC.
- DO NOT leave anything at the pond, including paddles for the rafts. Paddles are “high touch” items, and we currently are not providing a way to sanitize the paddles between uses.